Providing specialist advice to protect your foundation.
Providing specialist advice
Land and property disputes often play a major role in insolvency matters and require pragmatic and decisive action when being dealt with. Whether you are a Landlord, Tenant, Lender or Insolvency Practitioner, our team of experienced solicitors are here to guide you every step of the way.
For Lenders and Investors
We advise on the recovery of secured debts in relation to residential and commercial properties as well as the enforcement of personal guarantees. In addition to this, our team are also able to assist with refinancing and property sales.
For Insolvency Practitioners
Our Property and Insolvency Team boast years of combined experience and are able to effectively advise and support insolvency practitioners through complex property issues.
Whether you own a large residential property portfolio or you are a commercial property landlord, our solicitors can advise you on issues such as: dealing with lease breaches, non-payment of rent and insolvent tenants.
Our team can provide effective advice and support to residential and commercial tenants on matters such as debt proceedings, lease surrenders and rent reviews.
Our team consists of experienced solicitors who specialise in Insolvency and Property and are adept at dealing with the most complex of matters, providing advice that will be bespoke to your needs.
What are the legal aspects of Property Insolvency?
Property insolvency law deals with the legal aspects surrounding the inability of property owners to meet their financial obligations. This can include scenarios like bankruptcy, liquidation, and administration. Understanding the law is crucial for both creditors and debtors to protect their interests.
Role of a Property & Insolvency Solicitor
Our team of property, restructuring and insolvency solicitors play a multifaceted role in guiding clients through the insolvency process. Their responsibilities include:
- Advising on the insolvency process: providing advice on insolvency, going through formal or informal insolvency, and negotiating repayment agreements.
- Negotiating with creditors and debtors: we can help in structuring transactions to manage the risk of other parties becoming insolvent.
- Representing clients in court proceedings: Legal representation is crucial for both debtors and creditors to secure the best possible outcome.
Benefits of Hiring a Property Solicitor
- Expert advice on complex legal matters.
- Effective negotiation with creditors and debtors.
- Legal representation in court to secure the best outcomes.
7 Reasons to choose Kaurmaxwell As Your Property Insolvency Solicitors
At KaurMaxwell, we understand that property related insolvency matters are complex and often a stressful process to navigate. Choosing the right insolvency solicitors can make all the difference in achieving favourable outcomes. Here's why KaurMaxwell stands out as your ideal choice for property lawyers:
- Diverse & Comprehensive Expertise: The team at KaurMaxwell brings together diverse expertise in areas such as civil and commercial litigation, property law, employment law, and insolvency law. This multifaceted approach, demonstrated by professionals like Kenneth Anom, ensures that clients receive well-rounded legal support.
- Expertise and Experience: Our insolvency lawyers, have a wealth of experience in handling insolvency disputes across various industries and jurisdictions. Our in-depth knowledge of insolvency law, coupled with a strategic approach, ensures that we can navigate even the most complex cases with confidence.
- Proven Track Record: Team members have successfully led cases against major law firms. Their strategic thinking and ability to achieve desired results demonstrate a proven track record of success.
- Global Perspective: KaurMaxwell offers a global perspective that can be valuable in complex property insolvency matters.
- Multilingual Support: Our team is fluent in multiple languages (Spanish, Punjabi, Hindi, Tagalog, Gujarati, French, Twi, Kurdish and English) allowing us to serve a diverse client base with ease.
- Accessibility: Based in London, our solicitors are easily accessible to clients across the UK. We're here to assist you, whether in person, over the phone, or through virtual calls.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Property Solicitor protect my Assets?
Yes, a skilled lawyer can negotiate with creditors and even represent you in court to prevent asset liquidation.
Is an Insolvency Practitioner a Solicitor?
Not necessarily. While some insolvency practitioners are also qualified lawyers, the two roles are distinct. Insolvency practitioners focus on the financial aspects of insolvency, whereas lawyers provide legal advice and representation.
How Do I Get Insolvency?
Insolvency is not something you 'get' but rather a financial state you may find yourself in. If you're unable to meet your financial obligations as they become due, it's crucial to consult with a insolvency solicitor for advice tailored to your situation.
When Can Anyone File an Insolvency Petition?
A petition can be filed against a person or company if they are unable to pay off their debts. However, specific criteria must be met, and it's advisable to consult a solicitor for guidance.
Are Insolvency Practitioners Necessary?
While not always legally required, insolvency practitioners play a crucial role in managing the insolvency process, making them highly recommended in most cases.
What Happens When a Person Files an Insolvency Petition?
Filing an insolvency petition initiates legal proceedings that could lead to bankruptcy, liquidation, or administration. The outcome depends on various factors, including the amount of debt and the debtor's ability to repay.
Great legal advice, powered by London’s most talented team
We believe we’ve built one of the most talented team of lawyers to turn their expertise to your needs. Each one is a specialist in their field and we’re the only legal team you’ll ever need.