Jahmaya Burke is an associate solicitor with KaurMaxwell who has a good breadth of property experience ranging from development, investment, property finance, residential, landlord and tenant and general portfolio management work.
Jahmaya has worked on a whole range of matters from managing one of the biggest energy providers’ commercial property profiles, to assisting with £billion+ property development projects of national significance and high-profile regeneration schemes in the energy & Infrastructure sector.
Jahmaya has also had exposure to high quality property development work and has acted for and assisted on matters for individuals, commercial developers, charities and registered providers of affordable housing of all sizes. This included acting on small private developments by a private individual e.g. from building a house in the back garden; to a large corporate developer purchasing land with infrastructure requirements and construction of large housing developments. This includes acting for social housing associations in connection with the purchase of land for development or section 106 purchasers and associated setting up of the site for either sale or lease on shared ownership leases.
Jahmaya has dealt with acquisitions by way of conditional contracts and disposals of development land, including option agreements, conditional contracts, promotion agreements, overage agreements and development site setups.
Jahmaya has also dealt with commercial property files of fluctuating complexity for a varied client base. He has have acted for banks, SIPP providers, investors, developers, landowners and tenants. His caseload included landlord and tenant, development work, commercial leases, acquisitions and disposals.
Hobbies / interests
Sports (playing/watching football), Gym,
Reading (sets a target to read 10 books a year in addition to books/literature necessary for work) and enjoys keeping up to date with law, business and politics by reading the Law Gazette and the Economist often and viewing the news daily.
Socialising with friends and Family
PADI Open Water Scuba Diver
Areas of Practice/Sectors
- Commercial Property
- Residential Property
- Some experience in Private Client
Jahmaya Burke Joined KaurMaxwell in September 2021
Currently working as an Associate Solicitor.
Career history/highlights/Previous Career History
- Pinsent Masons LLP – Commercial Property Solicitor in the Energy Sector – March 2020 – August 2021
- Wright Hassall Solicitors LLP – Commercial Property Solicitor in the Residential Development Sector – December 2018 – March 2020
- Kenneth Curtis & Co LLP – Trainee Solicitor – November 2016 – December 2018
- Kenneth Curtis & Co LLP- Legal Assistant – January 2016 – November 2016
Qualifications / Jurisdictions
- Sep 2016 – Jun 2018 Legal Practice Course Part Time (Distinction) – Highest Overall Score in Class – BPP Law School, Birmingham
- Sep 2011 – Jun 2015 LLB (Hons) Law with a Year Abroad (2:1) University of Hertfordshire & California State Long Beach University, USA
- Sep 2009 – Jul 2011 A Levels (310 UCAS Points) Physical Science – A, Maths – C, Chemistry – C Claremont High School, London Sep
- 2004 – Jul 2009 10 GCSEs including Maths and English Claremont High School, London