Ian is a senior consultant specialising in the area of financial services mis-selling and negligence. He is the former owner and Managing Partner of a an award-winning London based independent financial advisory business where he actively advised clients and was authorised and regulated from 1989 through to 2010. Ian regularly acts for high net worth clients and business owners in complex and high value financial services mis-selling cases. This will often involve liaising with the Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, Accountants, Banks and other financial institutions.
Ian’s client facing experience as an adviser is a unique one when combined with his legal experience. He has a strong work ethic, he is adaptable – always open to new challenges, extremely tenacious and results driven. Ian is a ‘people person’ who is a straight-talking communicator and negotiator, he is empathetic, has a good sense of humour, enjoys meeting and working with people from varied backgrounds and is also an accredited mediator.
Ian can advise on all aspects of financial services cases ranging from the mis-selling of SIPPS, investments, complex tax schemes and dealing with various organisations including HMRC at the highest levels.
- Acted for claimant against a household insurance company, arising from breach of contract and leading to a multi-million pound settlement at mediation.
- Successfully represented 2 independent financial advisers against a national organisation for misrepresentation and breach of contract, successfully settling at mediation.
- Representing over 100 clients for a multi-million pound claim who invested in a bio-fuel investment, liaising with financial services regulators and HMRC.
- Acted successfully on behalf of claimant in dispute over pension transfer from a national final salary scheme, which lead to significant wide spread changes of policy.
- Representing elderly claimants against an independent financial adviser for negligence and a multi-million pound loss.
- Acting for an independent financial advisory firm to challenge the ruling of the Financial Ombudsman Service in connection the with mis-selling of a tax privilege investment scheme.
- Successfully acted for independent financial advisers in multi-million pound high court claim against a specialist practice for high net worth individuals for negligent conduct of a financial services dispute against subsidiary of a global insurance company.
- Currently acting for a number of claimants in a large scale complex multi-million pound financial services claim against solicitors for their negligent conduct during litigation.
- To Be Or Not To Be Ltd (Owner) – Dispute Resolution, Claims Management, Mediation – 2016 to date
- Neumans LLP – Senior Adviser/Consultant – 2010-2016
- Donnellsons LLP – Owner/Managing Partner – 1989-2010
- National Provident Institution (NPI) – Sales Manager – 1986-1989
- Civil Mediation Council Member
- Authorised by the Claims Management Regulator