Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing top quality legal services to all our clients. If you are unhappy with any element of our service, we would like you to tell us about it as soon as possible so that we are able to deal with the issue and agree appropriate steps, so this does not happen again.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact the Complaints Handling Officer, Ms Charlene Robinson, at the firm.
What will happen next?
- Within three days, we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and ask you to confirm or explain the details of the complaint as best you can. If it seems appropriate, we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We will also confirm to you the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint.
- We will then record your complaint in our central register and open a file for you and begin to investigate your complaint by examining the relevant file.
- If appropriate, we will then invite you to meet the partner handling your complaint to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 21 days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we consider addressing your complaint in writing would be more appropriate or constructive, or if we cannot arrange a meeting within an agreeable timescale, we will write fully to you setting out our views on the situation and any redress that we consider to be appropriate.
- Where applicable, within seven days of any meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any steps that we have agreed with you. We may offer an apology, a reduction of any bill or a repayment in relation to any payment received.
- Following receipt of the letters referred to above, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know in writing, setting out in as much detail as possible why you consider the decision that was reached is unacceptable. We will then arrange to review our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 14 days. This will involve the partner handling your complaint revisiting his/her decision in light of your further comments.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five days. At this time, we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Ombudsman about your complaint at www.legalombudsman.org.uk / email@example.com / 0300 555 0333. We very much hope that this will not be necessary.