Cohabitation agreements Solicitors, London. International.

If you are living with a partner who is not your spouse, the law and your rights will differ in comparison to a married couple. 

At KaurMaxwell, we can provide you with clear and practical advice on how to protect yourself, namely; your rights of ownership and occupation of your home and your rights and responsibilities as a parent. 

If you are living together but have no intention of entering into a marriage or civil partnership together you may wish to have the arrangement defined in a formal cohabitation agreement.

A cohabitation agreement can be drawn up at any time before or during a relationship. If you are considering or are in the process of separating from your partner and are not married it is important to seek legal advice on the implications of doing so. 

In the UK, provided the document has been drafted properly and executed as a Deed, it is a legally binding agreement on which assets and liabilities are owned and shared between parties. It is possible to update a cohabitation agreement and amend it to reflect changes and updates in a relationship. 

For further information please contact us via telephone on
020 7052 3545 or make an enquiry online.

Make an Enquiry

Fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.